https://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Quiche_Deep_Dish_Country_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-19 14:09:482016-12-20 19:58:48Deep Dish Quiche
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices thick cut smoked bacon, cubed
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 deep dish pie crusts
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 6-ounce packages goat cheese
- 2 cups watercress
- 16 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Over medium heat, melt the butter in a medium saucepan and add the bacon, cook until bacon is slightly browned.
- Add sliced onions and continue to cook until soft, about 15 minutes. Divide the onion and bacon mixture evenly between the two pie crusts. Also, divide the cherry tomatoes, goat cheese, and watercress into each piecrust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Divide mixture and pour into the pie crusts.
- Bake for about 50 to 55 minutes, until the center is set and the top is golden brown. Makes 2 quiche.