https://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Chocolate-Cupcakes_600MAIN.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-20 15:42:232016-12-20 19:00:33Chocolate Chip-Filled Chocolate Cupcake
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 inch circular cookie cutter
- 1 can chocolate fudge frosting
CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 10-ounce bag of mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine ingredients as instructed on box.
- Pour batter into lined muffin tins, filling each ¾ high. Bake at temperature indicated on box.
- Let cupcakes cool completely. Cut a hole in the top of each cupcake with cookie cutter or knife and save the part that is removed.
- Combine cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, orange zest and vanilla extract in a bowl and mix until smooth. Fold the semisweet chocolate chips into the filling.
- Spoon filling into a pastry bag. If you don’t have one, squeeze the filling into one corner of a zip- lock bag and cut about ¼-inch off the corner.
- Fill the holes in the cupcakes with the cream cheese filling and replace the top.
- Frost cupcakes with chocolate fudge frosting.