https://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/409-cook-chicken-stew_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-19 13:26:202016-12-20 19:59:27Chicken Roux
- 1 whole roasted chicken
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup carrots, chopped (about 2-3 carrots)
- 1 cup onion, chopped (about 2 onions)
- 1 cup celery, chopped (about 2-3 stalks)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove meat from entire chicken.
- Place chicken broth in saucepan over medium-high heat. Roughly chop carrots, onion, and celery and add to chicken broth. Bring to a boil and continue to cook until vegetables are tender.
- In a saucepan, completely melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the flour with a whisk until the butter flour mixture starts to have a nutty smell, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Slowly add roux to chicken broth and vegetable mixture. Stir constantly, until broth thickens. (If you notice lumps you can strain the sauce into another pot.) Stir in peas and simmer 5 minutes, then mix in chicken. Transfer mixture to serving dish. Keep warm.