https://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Chicken_Pot_Pie-copy_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-13 21:29:372016-12-20 19:59:32Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 cups cubed chicken breast
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Frozen diced mixed veggies, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- Defrosted frozen pie crust
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 ounces turkey or chicken gravy
- 1 egg mixed with 1 tablespoon of water egg wash
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and sauté it in the olive oil over medium-high heat until cooked through.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, mixed vegetables, parsley, and thyme.
- Place the pie crust in a baking dish.
- In the base of the pie crust, spread the cheddar cheese.
- Over the cheese, place the chicken and vegetable filling.
- Carefully pour the gravy in. You may not need all of it. Fill to just below the brim.
- To glue the top, attach it to the bottom with egg wash and then apply egg wash the entire top. Trim any excess and crimp a border with a fork or your fingers.
- Bake for 45 minutes. If the top gets brown early you can cover it with some foil.