https://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/090601_BeefFilet_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-13 20:30:202016-12-20 20:00:48Beef Filet with Cranberry Tarragon
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cranberry sauce
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 teaspoons chopped tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 6 6-ounce beef fillets
- In a small bowl, mash the butter using a spatula or the back of a spoon. You can also cream the butter in a stand mixer using the paddle attachment. The butter should be soft so you can add the other flavors. Add the remaining ingredients and mash into the butter, distributing evenly.
- Spread a piece of wax or parchment paper, about 1 foot x 1 foot, on your workstation and scoop the butter mixture onto the paper in the form of a log. Roll the butter up in the paper, making a firm and even log. Twist the edges of the paper and tape it so that the roll does not come undone. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- When ready to cook the fillets, remove them from refrigerator, and season each fillet with salt, then bring to room temperature.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, brush with oil. Add the fillets and grill, 5-10 minutes, rotating them 45 degrees to get beautiful grill marks.
- Flip each fillet and cook to desired doneness, then remove from heat, tent with foil, and allow to rest for 10 minutes. (Note: your meat will continue to cook while it’s resting, so it’s best to take it off the heat a couple minutes before it’s cooked the way your guests like it.)
- Plate each fillet and top with a tablespoon of your prepared butter.