https://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/BBQ_Pork_Marinated_130_600Main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-13 15:29:312016-12-20 20:01:20BBQ Pork
- 4 tablespoons tequila
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 jalapeños, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (the juice of about 2 limes)
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 3 pound pork loin, bone removed
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Make marinade by combining the tequila, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, jalapeños, lime juice, coriander seeds, and tomatoes. Pour marinade into a shallow baking dish.
- Add pork to the marinade and let it marinate for at least 2 hours (or up to 12 hours). Turn the pork occasionally to ensure all sides are marinated.
- Remove the pork from the baking dish, reserving the marinade, and pat the loin dry. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in pan just until smoking.
- Salt and pepper the pork and place in the hot pan, fat side down first.
- Sear the loin for about 3 minutes per side, until a nice crust forms.
- Place the pork in a Pyrex dish and place in the oven.
- In the pan used for the searing, add the reserved marinade and turn the heat to high. Bring the marinade to a boil and add the molasses and brown sugar. Cook for 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Place the glaze into a large bowl and, using a brush, baste the pork loin.
- Continue to baste every 15 minutes until the pork is done.
- When the internal temperature of the pork reaches 145º F on a meat thermometer, remove the pork from the oven and allow to stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Remove the strings (if any) and slice into ¼-inch slices.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes.