https://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/chicken003_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-13 16:04:542016-12-20 20:01:07BBQ "Fried" Cornflake Chicken
- 8 cups cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds chicken, thighs and drums
- ½ cup worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup dark corn syrup
- Dash of tabasco
- 2 cups ketchup
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with tinfoil and spray with cooking spray.
- Put the cornflakes, paprika, and cayenne pepper in a large resealable plastic bag and crush the cornflakes well. Transfer the cornflakes to a bowl and stir in ¼ cup of the barbecue sauce to wet slightly.
- Pour two cups of the barbecue sauce in a bowl and set the remainder aside for serving. Dredge the chicken in the barbecue sauce and then transfer to the cornflake mixture and coat.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve along side reserved barbecue sauce.
FOR THE BARBECUE SAUCE
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together all the ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes.