https://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/BaconPotato-and-Tarragon-Soup_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-23 16:24:562016-12-16 21:55:16Bacon Potato and Tarragon Soup
- 1 pound red bliss potatoes, boiled and quartered
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 ounces butter
- 3 ounces flour
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon of fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 dried bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium to high heat, slowly render bacon. Melt in the butter and add the shallots, sauté until translucent. Add garlic and sauté for about one minute.
- Add flour and mix with wooden spoon until it all looks like wet sand. Cook out the flour for about 5 minutes, and then add chicken stock.
- Add bay leaf and bring to a simmer. Simmer for about 5 minutes and add milk.
- Return to simmer and add potatoes, parsley and tarragon. Cook for an additional 20 minutes at a simmer or until potatoes are tender. Season with salt and pepper.