- Small wooden boxes
- Brown acrylic paint
- Tissue paper
- One forth of a cup of water
- Small envelopes or brown bags
- Labeling tags
- Wood burner tool with attachments
- Branding tool
- Foam brushes
- Plant cut of your choice
Attach the letter or number of your choice to the branding tool and preheat.
After the branding tool has heated, press it into the corner of the lid of the wooden box, evenly distributing pressure.
Mix the brown acrylic paint with just a bit of water to make it a little runny.
Place a doily on the box. Using the foam brush and brown paint, sponge paint over the doily.
Remove the doily. Wait for the paint mixture to dry and then stain the rest of the box.
Repeat the process for the tags.
Spray-mount the back of the dry painted doilies and adhere to the brown bags.
Place your plant cut in the envelope and place envelope in bed of tissue paper in the box.
Give to a friend or family member as a gift!
HINTS & CLUES
- If some of the area around the branding is burned, you can always use sandpaper to make it less noticeable.
- Cuttings will root up to 2-3 weeks after cut depending on the species of plant. In the meantime, try to keep it in a moist area so that it won't dry out. Wrapping it in a wet paper towel and putting it in the fridge usually does the trick.